Homework is considered to be an important component of every student's experience at Greensward Academy. Due to the nature of our two week timetable and the fact that not every class is taught by only one teacher within a subject area, strict timetables of homework setting are not published for each year group. However, staff follow the homework guidelines summarised below:
- The amount of homework set will increase steadily as students progress through the academy. Generally, Year 7 and 8 students will be set 30 minutes learning activities in two out of every three lessons in each subject over the two week timetable. These may be separate tasks or one extended piece of work. In Years 9-11 the homework tasks should take 45 minutes to reflect the increased demands of the Key Stage 4 curriculum.
- Students in the Sixth Form would expect an average of 5 hours homework per week for each A Level/BTEC subject.
- Homework will be set with a clear purpose and will be written by the student into their planners.
- Staff and Teaching and Learning Leaders will monitor the setting and marking of homework.
- Parents are encouraged to use the Home/School planner to inform staff when there are difficulties with a student completing their homework.
Don't forget Mrs Wardle is in the Lifelong Learning Centre every afternoon between 3.00pm and 4.00pm. Students are welcome to come along if they need to use a computer, if they would like somewhere quiet to study, to complete coursework or need help with their homework.
Homework is set on the Show My Homework Website and is accessed by the student log in.