The pastoral team for KS3 and KS4 comprises of five Heads of Year, supported by an Attendance Improvement Officer, and a Pastoral Support Assistant. Heads of Year are led by Directors of School – one for each Key Stage, and they work under the leadership of a Vice Principal. Heads of Year work from the Pastoral Office, and lead a team of 8 form tutors. Key Stage 5 is led by the Director and Assistant Director of 6th Form. They are based in the 6th Form Centre and lead a team of Year 12 and Year 13 tutors.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional classroom teacher who demonstrates high standards of delivery in a consistent manner, who is committed to improving achievement across all the Academy and who understands the strategies required to accomplish this. Enthusiasm and an imaginative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area and attention to details are essential. Y Applications from all subject areas will be considered. You will:
· Support the Senior Leadership and to deputise when and where appropriate.
· Ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the curriculum area in accordance with the aims of the academy and the curricular policies determined by the Board of Governors, and Principal.
· Be responsible for leading and developing the subject areas.
· Develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
· Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within the subject area and as a Form Tutor.
This position is required to commence 1 September 2015.
Closing date: 10 March 2015
If you would like to come and see Greensward Academy in action, then please do not hesitate to contact our HR team who will be only too happy to arrange this for you. Below are the documents related to this post. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application which can be completed on line via this link. If you have any queries regarding the application process please contact Ms T Higginson, HR Assistant, Greensward Academy, Greensward Lane, Hockley, Essex SS5 5HG (email@example.com).